This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for Ryka.com. Ryka is a division of Caleres, Inc. This policy has been updated as of 01/18/2018.
Caleres, Inc. is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. This information will not be shared with, sold or rented to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
Information is collected from users at several different points on this website, including registration and order forms. We may use this information in the following ways:
When you provide your information to Ryka, we may share that information with one or more of our Caleres, Inc. websites.
In order to streamline your shopping experience, we recommend that you complete our registration form. During registration you are required to give personal contact information (such as name and email address). By registering your account information, you are able to take advantage of special offers and e-mails about new promotions, fashion trends, site and service announcement updates, etc. It is also more convenient for a registered customer to make purchases online. On the order form, you must provide contact information (such as name, billing address and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill customer orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this contact information to get in touch with you.
From time to time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. Therefore, you have a choice whether or not to disclose the information requested including contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). Contest information will be used to administer the contest, including notifying the winners and awarding prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of evaluating, monitoring or improving our business or this site. We may share this information with our service providers who perform services such as gathering survey data or facilitating contests on our behalf, but we do not authorize these providers to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
Our users are given the opportunity to "opt-out" of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for the information. For example, our Customer Account information form has an opt-out mechanism so users who register with us but don't want any marketing material can keep their email address off our lists. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional materials, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by using the unsubscribe option at the bottom of any email communication you receive or by clicking here.
We don't store any personal information in the cookie--it's really just a combination of numbers and letters that uniquely identify your computer. We absolutely don't store any credit card or financial data in the cookie. All real account information and transaction histories are kept in our secure database. When you leave our site, we terminate our interaction with the cookie. The cookie stays on your computer, and you can delete it anytime you'd like, but that means that you'd need to login again and re-enter any preferences you have set.
Website and Log Files
We may collect information automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, or and other tracking technologies. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
Do Not Track Policy
Some web browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers, so this site is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
We use outside shipping companies to ship orders and mail catalogs and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services.
We may partner with other parties (including affiliated companies) from time to time to provide specific services on our behalf such as marketing, analytics, data hosting and processing, and similar services. The personal information we collect may be shared with these other parties so that they may provide these services to us.
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this website. These providers may collect anonymous information about your visits to our site and your interaction with our products. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process.
The personal information you provide may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase information) available from our records and other sources. This information will be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient.
From time to time, this site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information.
We reserve the right to disclose information about you when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, or if we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property and interests of Caleres, Inc.
We take steps to protect our customers’ information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification, both online and off-line
When our online registration form or order form asks you to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. While on a secure page, such as our order form, web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari) change to “locked” status as opposed to un-locked, or open, status used for general internet searches or browsing.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also strive to protect user information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only Associates who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a Consumer Care representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all Associates are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Our Associates are regularly notified and reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our customers' information is protected. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you have questions about our information security practices, please contact us via email.
Site and Service Updates
It is sometimes necessary to email our users regarding site and/or service updates. For issues directly relating to your account, or to provide services you have requested, we may communicate with you either by email or phone.
Correcting or Updating Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information (such as your zip code) changes, or if you no longer desire our service, we will provide a way for you to correct, update or remove your personal data provided to us. This can be done via email by clicking here.
Notification of Changes
Ryka, Customer Service
8300 Maryland Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Contact Us via Email
California Consumer Rights
Shine the Light Inquiry. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us as described in the “Contact Information” section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Online Erasure Request. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of this site, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please submit a written request to us as described in the “Contact Information” section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a “California Online Erasure” request. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal of the content or information you have posted, and there may be circumstance in which the law does not require or permit removal.
California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The right to know (individually) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Right
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Emailing us at email@example.com
Calling us at 1888-869-1053 and indicating you have a CCPA request.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other similar electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information, inferences drawn from other personal information.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other similar electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information, inferences drawn from other personal information.
- We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties: our affiliates; service providers; third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent here.